Strawberry Rhubarb smoothie
½ cup rhubarb
½ cup strawberries
1 cup frozen yogurt (vanilla)
1 cup orange juice
Honey to taste
Blend in blender and enjoy!
3 cups cut up rhubarb
1 cup sugar
4 cups water
Boil for 1 hour.
Pour through a sieve
Add 2 Tbsp. syrup to 1 cup soda water.
Pour over ice and enjoy.
Tips for the Heat
- Drink lots of water. Make sure you’re hydrated and that your electrolytes (lost from sweating) are replaced.
- Sadly, you may also need to avoid caffeinated drinks and alcoholic beverages as these two types of drinks act as diuretics that increase dehydration.
- Stay downstairs. The farthest down you go, the cooler it is.
- Eliminate extra sources of heat. These could be light bulbs or appliances. Eat fresh foods that wouldn’t require using the oven.
- Speaking of food, bigger meals that are protein heavy require more work from your body to digest, which could warm the body.
- Turn on your York air conditioner. Don’t have one? Visit one of our stores today!