1 cup half and half creamer or coffee creamer (10-18%)
¼ cup salted butter
½ cup + 2 tablespoons AP flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
4 eggs, large
1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
6 strips prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 425F convection bake
- Sift together flour, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl
- In heavy saucepot, scald milk and butter over medium heat – DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL!
- Remove from heat and add flour mix, stirring until smooth ball of paste forms. Allow to cool to 140F (approximately 9 minutes)
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing gently between each to insure all is incorporated
- Stir in Swiss cheese gently
- Lightly grease a 24 count mini muffin tin, cut each prosciutto strip into quarters, and carefully line the interior of each muffin tin
- Spoon paste into prosciutto cups and bake for 7 minutes – until the tops are showing spots of golden brown evenly across the tray.
- After the first timer goes, turn the oven down to 375F, and bake for another 7 minutes convection. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ANY POINT DURING BAKING.
- Allow to cool in tin 1 minute before removing to wire rack. Serve warm
Yield 24 mini muffins