- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 4 cleaned small squid, slice bodies into 1/4-inch-wide pieces & leave tentacles whole
- 1 red snapper fillet, cut into 4-6 pieces
- 1 4 ounce piece of tuna, cut into 4 pieces
- 8-10 large shrimp, you can leave shells or remove and devein for easier eating
- 8-10 black mussels,washed & bearded
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small squares
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into small squares
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, seeded & chopped
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups seafood stock
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Heat paellera pan over medium-high heat.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Place fish in pan and begin cooking on both sides. Add mussels and allow to cook until mussels just begin to open, then remove seafood from pan and set aside.
Add garlic, onions and red and yellow peppers to pan and sauté for a few minutes. Add paprika, saffron and tomatoes.
Mix in rice and sauté slightly, sprinkle with salt and pepper then add the chicken stock, seafood stock and wine and bring to a simmer.
Add the fish back to the pan, place squid on top and simmer until stock is absorbed slightly, then place shrimp on top. Cook the shrimp for 4 minutes on one side then turn them over to cook on the other side.
Add the mussels back to the pan and allow everything to cook until all the liquid has absorbed and seafood is completely reheated.
Keep an eye on the heat and turn down as the liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle some thawed green peas over top and garnish with chopped parsley.
Once all liquid is absorbed remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for about 3-5 minutes and serve!
Makes approx. 4-6 servings