- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, salted
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 cups basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup sultana raisins (or sundried cranberries)
- Salt & pepper to taste
In heavy saucepan with fitted lid, sweat diced onion in butter until softened. Add apple sauce and stir until incorporated. Add rice and stir until fully coated.
Mix all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl or pitcher and then add into the hot rice mix. Continue over medium heat until the edges of the stock mixture just begin to bubble.
Preheat oven 375F convection bake, fit the lid on tight, and bake the rice for 18-20mins, until softened. Check the centre with a fork, and when finished, season with salt and pepper and serve hot.