It’s National Guacamole Day! Here is a simple but delicious recipe that can be served on its own with chips or accompany any meal.
- 4 ripe avocados
- ¼ sweet yellow onion, diced (you can use red instead if desired)
- 3 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced finely (if you want it spicy)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1-2 limes juiced to taste
Slice the avocados lengthwise around the seed. To get the pit out once you’ve cut it, gently tap blade of knife on the seed the and twist. Either scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon or dice into segments in a crosshatch pattern and then remove with a spoon.
Mix the remaining ingredients together without mashing the avocado too much. Make sure to add the lime, it not only pops the flavor of the guacamole but it also keeps it from going brown. Serve with fresh tortilla chips or as a topping for any of your favourite Mexican dishes.