Thai food is very flavourful and healthy. This is great for gluten-free as well lactose intolerant diets.
- 4 rice papers
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs cilantro fresh
- ¼ English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 piece iceberg lettuce
- ⅓ cup cooked rice vermicelli noodles (for each roll)
Cook vermicelli noodles as per cooking instructions on the package.
Boil hot water and pour into a shallow bowl. Dip rice paper one at a time very quick and lift to place on a clean cutting board.
On each rice paper, place one piece of lettuce, cooked noodles, peppers, carrots, onion, cucumber and cilantro. Roll into a wrap style.
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ⅓ cup gluten-free soya sauce
- ⅓ cup sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup hoi sin sauce
In a small sauce pan add sesame oil on medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger in sesame oil until golden brown.
Add soya sauce, Hoi sin, chili sauce and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Let the sauce cool before serving.